“Thank you, Founding Fathers” Contest
In order to help Concord’s third grade students become aware of and appreciate the history of their community, the Concord Historical Society is inviting all third grade students to participate in the “Thank You, Founding Fathers” Contest. Pictures should be of how students think Todos Santos Plaza looked sometime in the past. Students are encouraged to visit our website concordhistory.com, as well as this page.
Winners will receive movies, food, and other fun certificates, from Todos Santos businesses. Contest winners will be notified through their schools. All artists will receive a certificate of participation. Students’ pictures will be displayed in the businesses surrounding Todos Santos Plaza, in the last two weeks of April.
- Pictures must measure no larger than 12” by 18”.
- Any medium that can be laminated may be used. For example: watercolor, pastels, crayons, poster paints, colored pencils, collage media, charcoal and chalk.
- Pictures must be the student’s own artwork—not computer art, please.
- Artwork must have the following information on the back: student’s first and last name, name of school, and name of your teacher.
- Pictures must be completed and turned in to your teacher by March 30, 2012.
- Artwork becomes the property of the Concord Historical Society. (Please photocopy or photograph your artwork before submitting it if you wish to have a copy.)
Use your imagination and enjoy this fun project!