The Museum is temporarily closed for renovation.

First Fire House

1982 Concord Avenue

The City’s first Fire House, this structure was originally on a lot on the west side of Mt. Diablo St. near Willow Pass Rd. In 1883, J.W. Guy was paid $870 to start construction on the building which eventually opened in 1892. Its cast-iron bell summoned firemen and signaled curfew. In 1911, to accommodate pending construction of the Concord Inn, the structure was relocated around the corner to the south side of Willow Pass Rd. In 1939, it was converted for City Hall and Police Department uses. Subsequently, it housed, in turn, the Chamber of Commerce, an art studio, and the Salvation Army. In 1981, it was moved to its present location. It is currently used as office space.

Share This Post