The Museum is temporarily closed for renovation.

Foskett & Elworthy Building

2001 Salvio Street

Sam Bacon’s Store, considered to be the first commercial establishment in the village of Todos Santos, first occupied this site. In 1911, the Foskett & Elworthy Corporation selected W.H. Weeks of San Francisco to design this structure, the first modern stone-stucco building in Concord. The original tenant at the prime corner position was Foskett and Elworthy’s First National Bank. Over the years, a series of banks, food markets, retail stores, barber shops and professional offices have occupied this key downtown facility. Completely restored in the 1970s, the current corner tenant is Skipolini’s Pizza. The large mural on the east exterior wall by artist Dan Fontes was commissioned by the City in 1992.

Share This Post