The Museum is temporarily closed for renovation.

Veterans Memorial

2290 Willow Pass Road

Constructed in 1929, The Veterans Memorial Building served briefly as city hall. Today, numbers community meetings and social gatherings are held there. Fernando Street was one of the towns original East-West Streets. It ended at East Street. As farming and ranching interest grew, Fernando Street was extended to serve the growing wagon and truck traffic of the area. When Willow Pass Road was built over the Eastern Hills to Pittsburgh, it connected to Fernando Street, which took on the Willow Pass Road name. It soon became a major highway through Concord. Later, the route 242 absorbed heavy traffic.

Share This Post